8.50 Refrigerant-134a is being transported at 0.1 kg/s through a Teflon tube of inside diameter Di=25 mm and outside diameter Do=28 mm, whie atmospheric air at V=25 m/s and 300 K is in cross flow over the tube. What is the heat transfer per unit length of tube to Refrigerant-134a at 240 K?
vibrations problem 5.50
A L-shaped bracket lying in a horizontal plane supports a load P as shown. The bracket has a hollow rectangular cross section. The centerline lengths of the arms are b1 and b2. Calculate the maximum tensile stress Delta t, maximum compresive stress Delta c, and maximum shear stress Tau max at...
A uniform rod AB of length 3m and mass 20kg is suspended with its end B against a vertical wall while its end A is being supported by a cable AC of length 4m, as shown in the figure below. If the coefficient of static friction between the rod and wall, s=0.4, determine (a) The required...
An SI engine operating on a four-stroke air-standard cycle using stoichiometric gasoline is to have a maximum cylinder pressure of 11,000 kPa at WOT. Inlet pressure can be 100 kPa without supercharging, or it can be as high as 150 kPa with a supercharger. Design the engine cycle and pick a...
define graphical representashen
Mast ABC is being supported by a ball-and-socket joint at base A and by three cables BE, BG and CD as shown. a) Draw the free-body diagram for mast ABC b) Write the tensions in cables BE, BG and CD in vector form. c) If the tension in cable CD is 500 N, determine the tensions in...
derive equation of motion using newton's 2nd law
natural frequency and mode of the system
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2