Good Morning Albert, If I pay an expedite fee, can I get an answer by 5 PM today? I have a team meeting and would like to verify my answer with yours. Larry
exam for machine design mechanical eng..i have tomorow hel:(
A satellite changes its orbit inclined 66 degrees at 260.0 km altitude to a polar orbit at the same altitude. What Delta V was required?
A satellite is in Earth with an altitude at perigee of 550 km and an altitude at apogee of 5000 km a) What is the semi-major axis of the orbit? b) What is the eccentricity? c) If the true anomaly is 195 degrees, what is the satellite's altitude?
Air is throttled from 1500 psia, 800 F to 600 psia before enteringa gas turbine (isentropic) P1=1500 psia P2= 600 psia T1=1260 R Determine A) T2 B) change in entropy between states 1 and 2 C) Work of the turbine if P3=90 psia
1.)Air is compressed in a reversible, isothermal process. The remperature is 800R and the initial pressure is 20 psia and the final volume is 3ft^3. If the system is closed and 10 lbm of air is compressed, calculate, A) work B) change in entropy C) heat transfer D) change in internal energy 2....
10 meter long homogeneous ladder has a mass of 25kg and is placed against a vertical wall with its lower end 6 meters from the wall. The coefficient of friction between the ladder and the floor is 0.5 and between the ladder and wall is 0.6. How far along the ladder can a 75 kg man climb before...
Packages are thrown down an incline at A with a velocity of 1 m/s. The packages slide along the surface ABC to a conveyor belt which moves with a velocity of 2 m/s. Knowing that the coefficient of kinetic friction (Uk)=0.25 between the packages and the surface ABC, determine the distance d if the...
Is there any course on aeroelasticty
A piston-cylinder device initially contains 1.4-kg saturatedliquid water at 200 degrees C. Now heat is transferred to thewater until the volume quadruples and the cylinder containssaturated vapor only. Determine a) the volume of the tank,b)the final temperature and pressure, and c) the internal...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2