A circular specimen of MgO is loaded using a three point bending mode. Compute the minimum possible radius of the specimen without fracture, given that the applied load is 5560N, the flexural strength is 165 MPa. and the separation between load points is 45 mm.
what decimal is equal to 5um
what are two reasons why there must be a strong bond between the fiber and matrix at their interface?
1.)derivation of stiffness matrix for 1-D steady state heat transfer problem. 2.)plane stress state problem with example. 3.)requirement of convergence in FEM. 4.)derivation of expression for element mass matrices in dynamic problem. 5.)Multipoint boundary condition. 6.) The non linear FEA...
Two kilograms of air within a piston-cylinder assembly execute a carnot power cycle with maximum and minimum temperatures of 750k and 300k, respectively. The heat transfer to the air during the isothermal expansion is 60kj. At the end of the isothermal expansion, the pressure is 600kPa and the...
Calculate the average change in length and average force
An aluminum bar 125 mm (5.0 in.) long and having a square cross section 16.5 mm (0.65 in.) on an edge is pulled in tension with a load of 66,700 N (15,000 lbf), and experiences an elongation of 0.43 mm (1.7 10 2 in.). Assuming that the deformation is entirely elastic, calculate the...
why is there loud banging above me
can you please help solve number 1
Can you lift an argon bottle by the ring
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2