Hi, I am No l, a student in doctorate at LSPM lab, Paris 13 University. I have a UMAT(user subroutine) which complete well in abaqus/standard. But, i want to abaqus/explicit from a specific calculation need. What i have to modify in order to adapt it ? Thanks
solution to calculate limits of tolerance and allowance for a 25 mm shaft and hole pair designated H8 d9
An FCC iron-carbon alloy initially containing 0.20 wt% C is carburized at an elevated temperature and in an atmosphere wherein the surface carbon concentration is maintained at 1.0 wt%. If after 49.5 h the concentration of carbon is 0.35 wt% at a position 4.0 mm below the surface, determine the...
Consider the brass alloy the stress-strain behavior of which is shown in the Animated Figure 6.12. A cylindrical specimen of this alloy 24 mm in diameter and 186 mm long is to be pulled in tension. Calculate the force necessary to cause a 0.0119 mm reduction in diameter. Assume a value of 0.33...
Warm air is contained in a piston-cylinder assembly oriented horizontally as shown below. The air cools slowly from an initial volume of 0.003 m3 to a final volume of 0.002 m3. During the process, the spring exerts a force that varies linearly from an initial value of 900 N to a final value of...
what means HR
Energy Disruption Causes/Effects BP Oil Spill 2010 The BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig sank on Earth Day 2011 and that disruption has led to at least 11 deaths and the release of more than perhaps 90 million gallons of oil in the Gulf of Mexico. Research the story and then discuss one of...
1. What are some of actions undertaken by BP to solve the problem? What about actions undertaken to avoid such occurrences in the future? 2. How has the federal government reacted to the situation? Which federal agency is responsible for oil rig safety? What could the government have done to...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2