A hair dryer is a constant diameter duct containing an electrical resistor. A small fan pushes air through the duct past the resistor and the air is heated when electrical current flows through the resistor. If the room temperature is 15C and the temperature of the air exiting the hair dryer is...
To approximate the length of a lake, a surveyor starts at one end of the lake and walks 245 yards. He then turns 110 and walks 270 yards until he arrives at the other end of the lake. Approximately how long is the lake?
If the ramp height is 2ft. Using the ada code, what is the allowable minimum length of the ramp?
Engineering Mechanics Statics, 12th Edition, Chapter 4, 4-126: Replace the force system acting on the frame by an equivalent resultant force and specify where the resultant's line of action intersects member BC, measured from point B.
without plastic deformation? (b) If the original specimen length is 73 mm (2.874 in.), what is the maximum length to which it may be stretched without causing plastic deformation? (a) N
For a brass alloy, the stress at which plastic deformation begins is 345 MPa (50040 psi) and the modulus of elasticity is 103 GPa (15.0 106 psi). (a) What is the maximum load that may be applied to a specimen with a cross-sectional area of 129.7 mm2 (0.2010 in.2)without plastic deformation?...
Where could i get the lectures for heat, mass and momentum transfer..??..if anybody can give me a book like welty, i will be more satisfied and helpful to you
what is the formula for brake work per cycle? what does polytropic index means ?
Dear Sir/Madam, kindly let me know is standard BS 6437,6730 is equal or same to EN 1519-1 ? Awaiting your kind reply, Best Regards Akbar Ali Pakistan 0092 300 2487048
Dynamic equations and Transfer function of a mechanical-electrical system.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2