question 6 attached
Optimization Engineering. Please see question a. only
The assembly shown consists of a brass shell (1) fully bonded to a solid ceramic core (2). The brass shell [E = 115 GPa, = 18.7 10 6/ C] has an outside diameter of 50 mm and an inside diameter of 35 mm. The ceramic core [E = 290 GPa, = 3.1 10 6/ C] has a diameter of 35...
I need this solutions manual please :An Introduction to Mechanical Vibrations: Solutions Manual Author : Robert F. Steidel Paperback: 281 pages Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 3rd edition (March 4th 1989) Language: English ISBN-10: 0471620270 ISBN-13: 9780471620273 Product...
statically indeterminate truss problems
In 1975 the roof of Montreal's Velodrome, with a weight of 360 kN, was lifted by 10 cm so that it could be centered. How much work was done on the roof by the forces making the lift?
Five kg of butane (C4H10) in a piston cylinder assembly undergo a process from p1= 5 MPa, T1 = 500 K to p2= 3 MPa, T2 = 450 K during which the relationship between pressure and specific volume is pvn=constant. Determine the work, in kJ
Member ABCD is supported by a pin and bracket at C and by an inextensible cord attached at A and D and passing over frictionless pulleys at B and E. Neglecting the size of the pulleys, determine the tension in the cord and the reaction at C.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2