a circular area is removed from a trapezium , determine te centroid of the un-shaded area where: lower side : 30 mm ( left ) bigger side : 7o mm (right) total widh 110mm distance from the left side of circualr area : 40mm and from the right side 40mm
PLTW Activity 1.1.2 Simple MAchiens Practice Problems
A construction crew lifts about 560 lb of material serveral times during the day from a flatbed truck to a 32 foot rooftop. A block and tackle system with a 50 lb of effort force is designed to lift the materials. How many supporting strands will be needed in the pulley system?
if the 150-lb man fires the 0.2-lb bullet with a horizontal uzzle velocity of 3000 ft/s, measured relative to the 600-lb cart, determine the velocity of the cart just after firing. what is the velocity of the cart when the bullet becomes embedded int he terget? during the firing, the man remains...
The mass of the suspended object is m = 50 kg. Determine the reactions on member ABC.
A countershaft carrying two V-belt pulleys is shown in figure 1 (dimensions in inches). Pulley A receives power from a motor through a belt with the belt tensions shown. The power is transmitted through the shaft and delivered to the belt on pulley B. Assume the belt tension on the loose side at...
d) One common defect we encountered in our practice with injection molding was portions of the part not filling. List and explain three process parameters that may aid in the correction of this error. What other errors might adjustments in these parameters help allay?
In the quality control homework exercise, you were presented with a scenario where a misinformed operator tried to counter some of the filling problems existing in a canning process. His fix was to constantly move the target fill quantity, hoping that his process would stay in control, and...
b) The measurements above represent the mean diameter of a turned shaft. Quality data has been logged and the following statistical data has been extracted. Sample standard deviation, taken from the analysis of 20 data sets, each having sample sizes of 10 units: 0.03 mm Process Mean...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2