Pressurized air stored in a 10,000-m3 cave at 500 kPa and 400 K is to be used to drive a turbine at times of high demand for electric power. If the turbine exit conditions are 100 kPa and 300 K, determine the amount of work delivered by the turbine when the air pressure in the cave drops to...
The following questions refer to the Cu-Zn phase diagram. a.) List all three phase reactions b.) What phase comprises the largest weight fraction of a 70 wt % Zn alloy in equilibrium at 5000C? c.) For the same alloy considered in part b, what is the copper-rich phase? d.) What is the weight...
Consider the Ag-Zn phase diagram. List all the three-phase reactions.
why The sample MUST be washed thoroughly before proceeding from one fine grinding stage to the next
an industrial water shutoff valve is designed to operate with 30 lb of effort force. The valve will encounter 200 lb of resistance force applied to a 1.5 in. diameter axle. what is the required wheel diameter to overcome the resistance force?
At this question Please explain every number at the table how it done in specific details :)
At this question #2 Please explain every number at the table how it done in specific details :)
At this question #3 Please explain every number at the table how it done in specific details :)
At these question Please explain every number at the table how it done in specific details :)
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2