electrolux refrigerator works on
What does it mean when a steel cable is required to have a factor of safety of at least 5 against its ultimate load? This is a solid mechanics question involving a rigid bar pinned at one end and held up by steel cables with a load acting downward on the rigid bar.
1. A refrigerator with a COP of 3 removes 1.5 kW from the cold space at -9 C while rejecting heat to the kitchen at 22 C. (a) Draw and label a schematic of the system. (b) Find the exergy (kJ) for each form of energy entering and leaving the refrigerator. (c) Find the reversible work...
2. The ambient air temperature and pressure is 22 C and 98 kPa, respectively. Inside a piston-cylinder device, one kilogram of nitrogen initially at 127 C and 100 kPa undergoes an isothermal process to 300 kPa. The nitrogen then undergoes a constant pressure process to 27 C. (a)...
3. Carbon dioxide enters a throttling valve at 200 kPa and exits at 100 kPa and 65 C. (a) Draw and label a schematic of the system. (b) Determine the inlet temperature ( C) and (b) exergy destroyed during this process (kJ/kg). The ambient air temperature and pressure is 20 C and 101...
the motion of a particale in defined by the relation x=t3-15 t2-20,
A pump is intended to fill two tanks. Two valves allow the liquid to be directed to one or other of the tanks. Filling is started each time the lower level in a tank is reached and is continued until the upper level is reached. Emptying of the tanks is carried out manually, so both tanks can be...
air enters a 28 cm diameter pipe steadily
4. A steam turbine has an inlet at 4000 kPa, 400 C, and an exit of 100 kPa with a quality of one. The dead state temperature and pressure is 22 C and 97 kPa, respectively. (a) Draw and label a schematic of the system. Find the turbine s (b) isentropic efficiency (%), (c) reversible...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2