Learning Goal: To be able to calculate couple moments. A couple is defined as two parallel forces, separated by a distance, that have equal magnitudes but opposite directions. A couple only produces a rotation in a specified direction. The moment produced by a couple is called a couple moment.
The water level in a tank is 20 m above the ground. A hose is connected to the bottom of the tank, and the nozzle at the end of the hose is pointed straight up. The tank cover is airtight, and the pressure above the water surface is 2 atm gage. The system is at sea level. Determine the max height...
Water flows at a rate of 20 l/s through a horz pipe dia .03 m. The pressure drop across the valve in the pipe is measured to be 2 kPa. Determine the irreversible head loss of the valve, and the useful pumping power needed to overcome the resulting pressure drop.
Water enters a hydraulic turbine through a 30-cm-dia pipe. The pressure drop in the turbine is measured by a mercury manometer to be 1.2 m. For a combined turbine-generator efficiency of 83%, determine the net electric output. Disregard the effect of the KE correction factors.
The ionic compounds MdO, VaO, WvO, and NjO2 crystallize in the rocksalt, cesium chloride, zinc blende and fluorite structures, respectively. Md, Va, Wv and Nj are fictitious metallic elements. O is oxygen. The subscript indicates the stoichiometry of the compound. [HINT: the drawings below...
at completion of previous machining cycle, robot reaches in, retrieves
The linear joint (Type L) of a certain industrial robot is actuated by a piston mechanism. The length of the joint wehn fully retracted is 600 mm and when fully extended is 1000 mm. If the robot's controller has an eight-bit storage capacity, determine the control resolution for this robot
Two cars A and B have a mass of 2.1 Mg and 1.3 Mg, respectively.
The question are in the document. Just subscribed,please help DUE in 4 hours!!
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2