13.4 - At a section in a passage, the pressure is 150 kPa (abs), the temperature is 10 deg C, and the speed is 120 m/s. For isentropic flow of air, determine the Mach number at the point where the pressure is 50 kPa (abs). Sketch the passage shape.
what is the meaning of minimum and maximum tensile strengthwriten in standards
12.62 - Air flows steadily through a constant-area duct. At section (1), the air is at 400 kPa (abs), 325K, and 150 m/s. As a result of heat transfer and friction, the air section (2) downstream is at 275 kPa (abs), 450 K. Calculate the heat transfer per kilogram of air between sections (1)...
13.8 - Air flows steadily and isentropically through a passage at 150 lbm/s. At the section where the diameter D = 3ft, M = 1.75, T = 32 deg F, and p = 25 psia. Determine the speed and cross-sectional area downstream where T = 225 deg F. Sketch the flow passage.
I need help on green's function
how solve Numeric Solution to Blasius Equation with exel ?
hi , I am a university student in iran at sharif university of technology and I am keen on learning ansys software very well , could you help me? my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
How the lubricants reduce the friction and wear characteristics of the parts in contact?
the lifetime of a lightbulb is normally distrbuted with a mean of 1000 hrs and a standard deviation of 30 hours. find the probability that a randomly selected light bulb last longer than 1045 hours.
type of aircraft corrosion
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2