how would i solve this?
See attached. (Statics)
212 Question 4
Water is usually preheated before being fed into the boiler in industrial applications. The temperature of cold water flowing inside the tube is increased by 30 F with saturated water (gage pressure pressure = 50 psi) flowing on the shell side. The cold water flow rate is twice that of the hot...
How is the mechanical deformation energy defined? How do you calculate the work of fracture of a brittle material?
two drums, A and B of radii Ro= 200mm and Ri= 100mm
Three kg of water in a piston-cylinder apparatus is initially in the saturated liquid state at 0.6 MPa. Energy is added slowly to the water as heat and the piston moves in such a way that the pressure remains constant. How much energy must be added as heat to bring the water to the saturated...
study and performance of positive displacement pumps
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2