Hi what does microconstituent means in material ?
Consider a power plant that is producing 1 MW of electric power as it operates with a high temperature of 1800 K and a low temperature of 290 K. If we can sell the electric power for $0.04 per kW hr, and the heat transfer from the high temperature reservoir...
A typical carbon dioxide tank for a paintball gun holds about 12 oz of liquid CO2. The tank is filled no more than one-third with liquid, which, at room temperature, maintains the gaseous phase at about 850 psia. (a) If a valve is opened that simulates a converging nozzle with an exit diameter...
From the attached car trip data (Fuel_Consumption), please Find the total cost of the trip assuming fuel at $1.25 per litre.
help please..as soon as possible.
please help as soon as possible
A mixture of dry air and water vapor is at a temperature of 21C under a pressure of 101.3 kPa.The dew point temperature is 15C.(Ps= saturation pressure at 15C=1.7044 kPa;Pd=saturation pressure at 21C=2.4861 kPa) find humidity ratio and relative humidity
the 18 inch radius flywheel is rigidly attached to a 1.5 in radius shaft that can roll along parallel rails. Knowing that at the instant shown the center of the shaft has a velocity of 1.2 in./s and an acceleration of 0.5 in./s^2. both directed down to the left. determine the acceleration a) of...
For the frame and loading shown, determine the components of the forces acting on member DABC at B and D.
the 6by 12 in. timber beam has been strengthened by bolting to it the steel reinforcement shown.the modulus of elasticity for wood is 1.8*10^6 psi and for steel is 29*10^6 psi. knowing that the beam is bent about the horizontal axis by a couple of moment M= 450 kip.in.,determine the maximum...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2