The masses of the bar and the disk are 5 kg and 10 kg respectively. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the disk and the ground is = 0.1. If an 8 N m counterclockwise couple is applied to the disk, what is its angular acceleration?
solution elasticity martin h. sadd
guidelines to solving tensor notation
A W410 x 60 standard steel shape is used to support the loads shown on the beam.
the differential of pressure obtained from a certain equation of state is given by one of the following expressions
thank you 2
thank you 3
Find 3, VA, VB, and VC of the mechanism below using the instant center graphical method. Develop the linear graph and determine all the ICs. The angle of AB in the position shown is 128 and angle BAC = 49 . The slider at B is at an angle of 59 . VA = 10 in/sec in the direction shown. Derive...
Please see attached statics and dynamics problem.
Given the data x 1.6 2 2.5 3.2 4 4.5 f(x) 2 8 14 15 8 2 Calculate f(2.8) using Newton s interpolating polynomials of order 1 through 3. Choose the sequence of the points for your estimates to attain the best possible accuracy.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2