the function that gets set on by a false to true rung transition and then remains on when the rung goes false is?
A piston cylinder assembly contains 0.1 lb of propane. The propane expands from an initial state where p1 5 60 lbf/in.2 and T1 5 30 F to a final state where p2 5 10 lbf/in.2 During the process, the pressure and specific volume are related by py2 5 constant. Determine the energy transfer by...
A cylindrical bar of radius 15 mm and length 100 mm is held at both ends. If at 30 C no axial force exists in the bar, determine the stresses and strains in the bar when the temperature rises to 100 C. Also determine the axial force and deformation of the diameter due to temperature rise. Let...
A 20-mm diameter rod made of a ductile material with a yield strength of 350 MPa is subjected to torque of 100 N.m and a bending moment of 150 N.m. An axial force is then gradually applied. Determine the value of force when the rod begins to yield. Solve the problem two ways using the (a) Tresca...
sorry little late.
If x~MW(alpha1,beta1,lambda1) and y~MW(alpha2,beta2,lambda2) and we have aserial system with two components x and y (x and y independent) if alpha1=0.05, beta1=0.02, annd lambda1=1 if alpha2=0.0005, beta1=0.6, annd lambda1=0.1 MW is Modified Weibull distribution Lia and xei 2003...
the air velocity in a duct is measured by a Pitot-static probe connected to a differential pressure gage. if the air is at 13.4 psia absolute and 70 degrees C and the reading of the differential pressure gage is 0.15 psi, determine the air velocity.
Problem #3 (30%) As we saw in the previous problem, leading-edge flaps can be used to decrease (or eliminate) the leading-edge suction peak at a desired lift coefficient. When airfoils are designed for cruise performance, however, a better strategy is to design an airfoil that produces the...
A series of small machine components being moved by a conveyor belt pass over a 6-inch-radius idler pulley. At the instant shown, the angular velocity of the idler pulley is 4 rad/s clockwise. Determine the angular acceleration of the pulley for which the magnitude of the total acceleration of...
Consider the isosceles triangle airfoil with 12% thickness as shown above. A simple potential flow model for the flow over the triangle is to place point vortices at each of the three nodes and then determine the strengths (i.e. the circulations i ) which satisfy flow tangency at three control...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2