Assume you are given a spherical joint where the ball has a radius of 20 mm and socket has a radius of 22 mm. If the contact load is 50 N, E = 210 GPa, and = 0.3, determine (a) the radius of the contact area, (b) the maximum contact pressure.
simple calculation for the apf of hcp
Determine which of the following processes to generate steam at 60 atm is preferred giving the reason why: a. Vaporize water at 1 atm and compress the steam at 60 atm b. Pump water at 60 atm followed by vaporization
Determine the amount of cooling (thermo 2 , CH 12)
Design of experiment: Factorial analysis
the collar has a mass of 20kg and is supported on the smooth vertical rod. the attarched springsare undeformed when d=0.5m determine the speed of collar after the applied force F=100N causes it to be displaced so that d=0.3m when d=0.5m, the collar is at rest.
Could you please demonstrate how to solve this problem? Thank you.
a curved nozzle assembly that discharges water to the atmosphere is shown. The nozzle mass is 4.5 kg and its internal volume is 0.002 m^3. The fluid is water. determine the reaction force exerted by the nozzle on the coupling to the inlet pipe.
(b) BS EN 1078 specifies the following: a dummy head of mass 6.1 kg in a test helmet is dropped onto a stationary anvil. impact speed is to be 20 km h 1. the test requires that the deceleration experienced by the dummy head does not exceed 250 g, where g is the acceleration...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2