Consider a CFD simulation of a nominal wing configuration having a span of 1 meter and operating at an angle of attack of 5 degrees. Images depicting the resulting pressure field on the wing as well as the surface mesh are shown in Illustration 1 and 2. For design purposes, the client is...
Design an experiment for the measurement of the heat transfer coefficient to a flow into and through a cylindrical tube.the desired Re range in the 2 cm tube diameter is 10 to 100. The goal is to obtain an experimentally based coreelation for the j-factor for heat transfer as a function of Re...
Programming Assignment 3 Spring 2010 Calibration of a resistance temperature detector Problem Statement: This assignment will test your knowledge of: linear regression and using arrays with functions. This program will use material covered through Chapter 2 and Section...
A round member having a cross-sectional area of 3 cm2 experiences an axial load of 10 kN.
The Boyle temperature (TB) of a fluid is defined as the temperature at which it obeys the ideal gas EOS at large volumes. (Visualize this with isotherms on a PV diagram.) Formally, lim[V(RTV/P)-1]for V-> =0 at T = TB. Show that for a fluid that follows the vdW EOS, TB = 3.375 Tc,...
solar dryier project question &answers
calculate the vander waals conistants of water at conistant temperature of 80 degree centigrade
The angular acceleration of a shaft is defined by the relation a = -0.25w, where a is expressed in rad/s^2 and w in rad/s. Knowing that at t=0 th angular velocity of the shaft is 20 rad/s, determine the time required for the shaft to come to rest.
Need help with Problem 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6
Consider the following 3 vectors: x =[ u 1 -1 ], y = [1 0 v] and z =[1 w 1] (a) For what values of u, v and w, the vectors x, y and z are orthogonal? (b) Express vector b = as linear combination of the 3 orthogonal vectors obtained in part (a).
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2