Ice cubes at 0 c are poured into a glass that contains 150 g of liquid water at 20 c. The contents of the glass are gently stirred and after short time the ice melts and the liquid cools to 0 c. No appreciable heat exchange with the environment takes place. a) calculate the enthalpy change of...
PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS STEADY STATE HEAT TRANSFER PROBLEM
The compression strength of Kevlar 49 fiber is about one-eight of its tensile stress. Estimate the smallest diameter of a rod on which 12 um diameter Kevlar fiber can be wound without causing kinks on its compression side.
The moving contact of a certain relay is carried on a massive element the rotate freely about a vertical axis. The other contact, which is very light, is mounted on a spring. The figure below shows the contacts is the open position. If a closing torque, which remains constant throughout the...
Determine the resultant of the three forces F1 = 2.0i + 3.3j 2.6k; F2 = - i + 5.2j 2.9k; and F3 = 8.3i 6.6j + 5.8k, which are concurrent at the point (2, 2, -5.). The forces are in Newton s and the distances are in meters.
what are the reasons why assemblies must be sometimes disassemble
A former student of mechanics wishes to weigh himself but has access only to a scale with capacity limited to and a small spring dynamometer . With the rig shown he discovers that when he exerts a pull on the rope so that registers , the scale reads . What is his correct weight?
How to calculate maximum bending moment along a shaft ? (Question 1 from attached file)
100 gal/min of water at 60F is flowing in a 2-inch sch 40 pipe at section 1. The heat exchanger in branch a has a loss coefficient K = 7.5 based on the velocity head in the pipe. All three valves are wide open. Branch b is a 1 1 4 inch sch 40 pipe. Elbows are standard. The length of...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2