The rigid L-shaped member ABC is supported by a ball and socket at A and by three cables. Determine the tension in each cable and the reaction at A caused by the 242 kg load applied at G
A reversible heat engine operates between 875 K and 310 K and drives a reversible refrigerator operating between 310 K and 225 K. the engine receives 2000 kJ of heat and the net work output from the arrangement equals 350 kJ. make calculations for the cooling effect.
firstname.lastname@example.org assignment is attached
Consider a 500 gallon tank that needs to be filled when the level goes below 25 gallons and will stop when the level goes above 475 gallons. Control systems can be either open loop or closed loop; each one of them has their own advantages and problems. For the system described above: 1)...
Estimate the theoretical fracture strength of a brittle material if it is known that fracture occurs by the propagation of an elliptically shaped surface crack of length 0.16 mm and that has a tip radius of curvature of 0.002 mm when a stress of 1090 MPa is applied.
: Consider a 500 gallon tank that needs to be filled when the level goes below 25 gallons and will stop when the level goes above 475 gallons. Control systems can be either open loop or closed loop; each one of them has their own advantages and problems. For the system described above: 2)...
In an industrial setting how much clearance must a permanently fix power strip have. The object (a PC) will be mounted above the power strip, but will be removable so it is not a permanent installation.
The 6 kg block is released from rest at A and slides down the smooth parabolic surface shown. Determine how far it compresses the spring.
calculate the draw force for drawing rectangular box?
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2