which of the following is not true about tthe diameter of a cicle
which of the following is not true about the diameter of a cicle
which of the following is not true about the radius of a circle?
A perfect gas of molecular weight M=20 and specific heat ratio = 1/2 expands adiabatically in steady flow from a pressure of 6 MPa, a temperature of 3000K, and a velocity of 200 m/s to a final pressure of 0.101 MPa. If the final temperature is 1800 K and the final velocity if negligible, how...
Steam enters a diffuser at 20 psia and 240oF with a velocity of 900 ft/s and exits as saturated vapor at 240oF and 100 ft/s. The exit area of the diffuser is 1 ft2. Determine (a) the mass flow rate of steam and (b) the rate of entropy generation.
Refrigerant 134a at 700 kPa and 40oC is expanded adiabatically in a closed system to 60 kPa. Determine the work produced, in kJ/kg, and final enthalpy for an isentropic expansion efficiency of 80.
Steam enters a diffuser at and with a velocity of and exits as saturated vapor at 240 F and 100 ft/s. The exit area of the diffuser is 1 ft2. Determine the mass flow rate of steam and the rate of entropy generation.
*** diagram for problem attached *** What is the pump work, horsepower and pressure developed to generate an average velocity of 15 ft/s exiting the pipe shown below? What is the friction in the system? Use fps. The pipe is 4 inch schedule 40 steel (inside diameter = 4.026 inches). The fluid...
***Im attaching the diagram for this problem*** What is the pump work, horsepower and pressure developed to generate an average velocity of 15 ft/s exiting the pipe shown below? What is the friction in the system? Use fps. The pipe is 4 inch schedule 40 steel (inside diameter = 4.026 inches)....
Air is contained in a vertical, frictionless piston cylinder. The piston has a mass of 4 kg and cross-sectional area of 35 cm2. A compressed light spring above the piston exerts a force of 60 N on the piston. If the atmospheric pressure is 95 kPa, determine the pressure inside the cylinder.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2