How can I derive the fluid vorticity equation from the momentum conservation equation for incompressible flow?
A piston cylinder assembly contains a two-phase liquid vapor mixture of Refrigerant 22 initially at 24 C with a quality of 95 percent. Expansion occurs to a state where the pressure is 1 bar. During the process, the pressure and specific volume are related by pv = constant. For the refrigerant,...
A preheater involves the use of condensing steam at 100 C on the inside of a bank of tubes to heat air that enters at 1 atm and 25 C. The air moves at 5 m/s in cross flow over the tubes. Each tube is 1 m long and has an outside diameter of 10 mm. The bank consists of 196 tubes in a square,...
impact between two plate with inclation
looking for solution for qustions 1 &2
2. Aluminum-lithium alloys are used to make aircrafts lighter. Commercial aircraft skin material should have a density of 2.47g/cm3 ideally. How much lithium in wt% should be added to the aluminum to get this density
A small steel ball bearing with a mass of 13 g is on a short compressed spring. When aimed vertically and suddenly released, the spring sends the bearing to a height of 1.35 m. Calculate the speed at which the ball leaves the spring.
how fast would a 10 lb pipe travel if it fell off a moving car traveling at 65 mph
conclusion for centripetal force
A strip of metal is originally 1.5 m long. It is stretched in three steps: first to a length of 2 m, then to 2.5 m, and finally to 3.0 m. Show that the total true strain is the sum of the true strains in each step, that is the true strains are additive. Show that using engineering strains, the...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2