Figure 9.37 is a portion of the titanium-copper phase diagram for which only single-phase regions are labelled. Specify all temperature composition points at which eutectics, eutectoids, peritectics, and congruent phase transformations occur. Also, for each, write the reaction upon cooling
hot air is contained in a vertical, frictionless piston-cylinder device.the piston has a mass of 4 kg and a cross-sectional area of 35 cm2. A compressed spring above the piston exerts a force of 4 N on the piston.If the atmospheric pressure is 90 kPa, determine the pressure inside the cylinder.
A water flow situation is described
Briefly explain the difference between fatigue striations and beachmarks in terms of both size and origin.
Please help me to solve the attached problems Thanks
Framing Art Inc. will need to purchase two new cashier machines in 3 years, at a cost of $137 each. A savings account pays 3% per year compounded quarterly. How much should Framing Art Inc. deposit now in this account to have the cash available in 3 years to pay cash for both machines?
A dockworker applies a constant horizontal force of 71.0 to a block of ice on a smooth horizontal floor. The frictional force is negligible. The block starts from rest and moves a distance 11.5 in a time 5.00 . what is the mass of the ice block?
In an ore minig operation, a bucket full of ore is suspended from a traveling crane which moves slowly along a stationary bridge. The bucket is to swing no more than 4m horizontally when the crane is brought to a sudden stop. Determine the maximum allowable speed v of the crane. Given:...
Can you solve the problem 3 in the uploaded document? thank you.
A partially full can of soft drink is placed at the outer edge of a child's merry-go-round, located R = 1.5 m from the axis of rotation. The can diameter and height are D = 65 mm and H = 120 mm. The can is half-full of soda, with specific gravity SG = 1.06. Assume rigid body motion. A. Find...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2