For a vertical cylinder with an electric heater 2500watt at the base,an inlet(lower part of cylinder with cold water at 25C) and outlet(upper part of cylinder, with hot water @ 100C) flow channel, how do i calculate the rate of change of heat with the cylinder, and the vertical temperature...
I have to figure out how many stages are in a gear train with a 600:1 speed ratio with a minimum of 12 teeth and a maximum of 96 teeth.
A steam turbine receives water at 15 MPa, 600oC at a rate of 100 kg/s, shown in Figure Q4 below. In the middle section 20 kg/s is withdrawn at 2 MPa, 350oC, and the rest exits the turbine at 75 kPa and 95% quality. Assuming no heat-transfer and no changes in kinetic energy, find the total turbine...
The bullet of mass m is given a velocity due to gas
No clue what I am doing and completely lost
Determine the smallest horizontal force P required to lift the 200-kg crate. The coefficient of static friction at all contacting surfaces is ms=.3. Neglect the weight of the wedge.
im looking for a solutions manual to Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion by Hill, 2 ed? can u help
Please help me with the following questions, thanks.
construction of chain drives
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2