Alabama pins commemorating the 2009 National Championship game are purchased in multiples of 100 for your college organization at $1.50 each. When sold during the event the selling price is $5. After the event their salvage value is just $0.25. From past events (many years ago!!!!) you...
A network diagram or Gantt chart, using Microsoft project, showing the four sets of major tasks in planning the festival, building the site, running the festival and dismantling the site so that the festival should run as smoothly as possible. Your diagram should show dependencies of tasks, for...
Management course outline for ATS 3 STUDENTS
1. Diagnose the underlying causes of the difficulties that the JITD program was created to solve. What are the benefits and drawbacks of this program? 2. What conflicts or barriers internal to Barilla doe the JITD program create? What causes these conflicts? As Giorgio Maggiali, how would...
Management Dilemma: The Rule of 98/2 Summary: Harold Sirkin writes about The Rule of 98/2 which means for every 98% effective workers in a company there are 2% ineffective workers. The article gives an insight to how management can either concentrate on the bad apples or keep...
what is grid technique analysis?
One dollar saved in purchasing is
take a simple operation that you perform regularly, such as brushing your teeth, shaving or combing your hair, and estimate the time it takes you to perform that operation. Now measure the time it takes while working at a standard pace. Is your estimate within plus or minus 20 percent of the...
Create a cron file that will regularly perform the following backup: Performs a level 0 backup once per month
The three threats to creativity Summary: This article talks about how creativity in the workplace. In the past employees were motivated to be creative at work and find many new and better ways of doing things, making new products, or even increasing productivity. Before the 1970's,...
Ask a new Operations Management Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
The school board is trying to evaluate a new math program
introduced to second-graders in five elementary schools across
the county this year. A sample of the student scores on standardized
math tests in each elementary school yielded the following data:
Construct a c-chart for test errors, and set the control limits to contain
99.73% of the random variation in test scores. What does the chart tell
you? Has the new math program been effective?
- Data here: http://www.coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Operations-Management/8352403-S623-The-school-board-is-trying-to-evaluate-a-new-math-program-intro/
- 2. What are the three main steps to implementing performance management? Can you provide an example and description of each?