11. Answer the following questions on Forecasting: a. List and briefly describe the three major types of forecasts. b. Describe the three Forecasting time horizons and their use. c. Other then production, what other areas of the business (departments) would Forecasting be applicable in? List...
EFE, IFE and BCG matrix for marriott hotel
You asked: " 1 to 2 each paragrapgh as need. no word limit. Thank you 1.Suppose you are going to design a training program for waiters/waitresses at a restaurant. Write three instructional objectives for the training program. Why is it important to prepare objectives before...
The tourist center is open on weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). The owner-manager hopes to improve scheduling of part-time employees by determining seasonal relatives for each of these days. Data on recent traffic at the center have been tabulated and are shown in the...
know the difference between ethnocentric, polycentric geocentric, domestic
Question 1: (2 points) Which of the following is not a determinant of effective capacity? human factors external factors facilities product mix actual output Question 2: (2 points) According to the reading on restaurant sourcing practices, only fast-food...
A manufacturing firm uses two measures of productivity: a. total sales/total inputs b. total sales/total labor inputs Given the following data for the last 3 years, calculate the productivity ratios. How would you interpret the results? All figures are in dollars Year 1...
how to create an information system that help to increase company's revenue and profit
A dairy product is ordered daily at a particular supermarket. The product, which costs $1.19 per unit, sells for $1.65 per unit. If units are unsold at the end of the day, the supplier takes them back at a rebate of $1 per unit. Assume that daily demand is approximately normally distributed...
Ask a new Operations Management Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
The school board is trying to evaluate a new math program
introduced to second-graders in five elementary schools across
the county this year. A sample of the student scores on standardized
math tests in each elementary school yielded the following data:
Construct a c-chart for test errors, and set the control limits to contain
99.73% of the random variation in test scores. What does the chart tell
you? Has the new math program been effective?
- Data here: http://www.coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Operations-Management/8352403-S623-The-school-board-is-trying-to-evaluate-a-new-math-program-intro/
- 2. What are the three main steps to implementing performance management? Can you provide an example and description of each?