A spacecraft is in empty space. It carries on board a gyroscope with a moment of inertia of Ig = 19.5 kg m2 about the axis of the gyroscope. The moment of inertia of the spacecraft around the same axis is 5.00 105 kg m2. Neither the spacecraft nor the gyroscope is originally rotating. The...
A small torch bulb is rated at 6.0V and 0.30A How many electrons flow through the bulb in one minute?
A converging lens (f = 13.0 cm) is held 7.30 cm in front of a newspaper, the print size of which has a height of 1.90 mm. Find (a) the image distance (in cm) and (b) the height (in mm) of the magnified print?
The unlike charges are what
You do 213 joules of work against gravity when lifting your backpack up a flight of stairs that is 3.3 meters tall. What is the weight of your backpack in newtons?
what is the magnitude of the electic field due to a 4.0*10-9 c charge at a point 0.020m away?
you and your bicycle have a total mass of 79.1 kilograms. You accelerate at a rate of 1.79 m/s ^2. Calculate the net force that is accelerating on the object.
Draw the rays from the tip of the object to the lens.
The figure shows two metal disks of the same size and material oscillating in and out of a region with a magnetic field. One disk is solid; the other has a series of slots.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas