An elastic cord is 67 cm long when a weight of 58 N hangs from it but is 86 cm long when a weight of 78 N hangs from it. What is the "spring" constant k of this elastic cord?
In a TV picture, faint, slightly offset ghost images are formed when the signal from the transmitter travels to the receiver both directly and indirectly after reflection from a building or some other large metallic mass. In a 25.0 set, the ghost is about 1.00 to the right of the principal...
A wire carries a current of 6.0 A in a direction that makes an angle of 24.0 with the direction of a magnetic field of strength 0.100 T. Find the magnetic force on a 4.00 m length of the wire.
A helical spring of spring constant 270 Nm-1 hangs vertically from a fixed support. When a 1.2 kg mass is attached to the free end of the spring the length of the spring is 30cm. What is the unstretched length of the spring? What would be the length of the spring if an additional 0.8 kg was added?
Calculate the linear speed due to the Earth's rotation for a person at a location of 40 degrees N latitude of the Earth. The radius of the rotation at this location is 5.00x10^6m.
the diameter of the sun makes an angle of .53 degrees from the earth. how many minutes does it take the sun to move one solar diameter in an overhead sky? how does your answer compare with the time it takes the sun to disappear, once its lower edge meets the horizon at sunset?
A baseball (0.15 kg) and an electron both have a speed of 42 m/s Find the uncertainty in position of the baseball, given that the uncertainty in their speed is 7.0%.
I need help with a physiology presentation that describes the processes of blood clotting, immune response, allergic reaction, and hormone release and the relations of all. Chp. 6,7,14 HCA/220
Electrons go through a slit 50nm wide and strike a screen 24.0cm away. You find that at angles of +- 20 degrees from the center of the diffreaction pattern, no electrons hit the screen but electrons hit at all points closer to center. How fast were these electrons moving when they went through...
Mustang Sally just finished restoring her 1965 Ford Mustang car. To save money, she did not get a new battery. When she tries to start the car, she discovers that the battery is dead and she needs a jump start. While unhooking the jumper cables, the positive and negative cables almost touch and a...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas