A 250.0 gram industrial mold absorbs 5,575 calories of heat when it is filled with an alloy. If the specific heat of the mold is 0.275 calories per gram degree Celsius, how much does its temperature rise?
A 270 turn solenoid with a length of 23.0 cm and a radius of 1.60 cm carries a current of 1.70 A. A second coil of four turns is wrapped tightly around this solenoid, so it can be considered to have the same radius as the solenoid. The current in the 270 turn solenoid increases steadily to 5.00...
An artillery shell is fired with an initial velocity of 300 m/s at 51.0 above the horizontal. To clear an avalanche, it explodes on a mountainside 47.0 s after firing. What are the x and y coordinates of the shell where it explodes, relative to its firing point?
A 60 kg pole vaulter running at 14 m/s vaults over the bar. Her speed when she is above the bar is 1.3 m/s. Neglect air resistance, as well as any energy absorbed by the pole, and determine her altitude as she crosses the bar.
A car is traveling 20 m/s when the driver sees a child standing on the road. He takes 0.8 s to react, then steps on the brakes and slows at 7.0 m/s2. How far does the car go before it stops?
A 200-kg crate is pushed horizontally with a force of 715 N. If the coefficient of friction is 0.20, calculate the acceleration of the crate.
A rocket is launched at an angle of 54.0 above the horizontal with an initial speed of 100 m/s. The rocket moves for 3.00 s along its initial line of motion with an acceleration of 31.0 m/s2. At this time, its engines fail and the rocket proceeds to move as a projectile. a) Find the maximum...
A block with mass m = 7.9 kg slides down an inclined plane of slope angle 10.0 with a constant velocity. It is then projected up the same plane with an initial speed 4.40 m/s. How far up the incline will the block move before coming to rest?
Three 1.2- masses are located at the vertices of an equilateral triangle 88 on a side, connected by rods of negligible mass. Find the rotational inertia of this object (a) about an axis through the center of the triangle and perpendicular to its plane (b) and about an axis that passes through...
Equipment Two Styrofoam cups, two thin plastic cups, ice cubes, cold water. Objective Observe the relationship between mechanical work and heat. Procedure 1. Take two Styrofoam cups, partially fill them with equal amounts of cold water, and drop equal amounts of ice into each cup to obtain...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas