a tennis player receives a shot with the ball .06 kg traveling horizontally at 50 m/s and returns the shot with the ball traveling horizontally at 40 m/s in the opposite direction. what is the impulse delivered to the ball by the tennis racquet?
A 5.70 102 kg hot-air balloon takes off from rest at the surface of the earth. The nonconservative wind and lift forces take the balloon up, doing +9.70 104 J of work on the balloon in the process. At what height above the surface of the earth does the balloon have a speed of 8.90 m/s?
A daredevil decides to jump a canyon. Its walls are equally high and 11 m apart. He takes off by driving a motorcycle up a short ramp sloped at an angle of 24 . What minimum speed must he have in order to clear the canyon?
What is the force felt by the electrons and the nuclei in the rod when the external field described in the problem introduction is applied? (Ignore internal fields in the rod for the moment.)
A diver on a high-diving board 3.0 m above the water springs upward with a velocity of 1.6 m/s [up]. a) With what velocity dose she hit the water? b) What is the highest point above the water she reaches? c) If she walked off the diving board rather than springing up would she be...
a cubical box that has been constructed from uniform metal plate of negligible thickness. The box is open at the top and has edge length L = 36 cm. Find (a) the x coordinate, (b) the y coordinate, and (c) the z coordinate of the center of mass of the box.
the question is : Sam 41.00kg, has just ignited her jet powered skis at the foot of a 10(degree) slope that rises in height by 50 meters. The skis have a thrust of 219.0 N. when she gets to the top of the slope, she keeps the skis at 10(degrees) as she flies through the air. The thrust of the...
A cargo plane is flying horizontally at an altitude of 11 km with a constant speed of 765 km/hr when a large crate slides out of the rear of the plane.How long does it take the crate to hit the ground? The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 .
the sensor in the torso of a crash-test dummy records the magnitude of the net external force acting on it. if the dummy is thrown forward with force of 130.0 N while simultaneously being hit from the side with a force of 4500.0 N , what force will the sensor report?
What is the momentum of a 5.5 kg ball moving @ constant velocity of 3.9 m/s
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas