A physics student throws a softball straight up into the air.
A 73.0-kg skier starts from rest and slides down a 34.0-m frictionless slope that is inclined at an angle of 15.0 with the horizontal. Ignore air resistance. (b) If the slope is not frictionless so that the skier has a final velocity of 6 m/s, calculate the force of friction (assuming it...
A 5 kg steel ball strikes a wall with a speed of 10.7 m/s at an angle of 59 with the surface. It bounces off with the same speed and angle. If the ball is in contact with the wall for 0.151 s, what is the average force exerted by the wall on the ball?
A submarine dives 100.0 m at an angle of 8.0 below the horizontal. What are the horizontal and vertical components of the submarine's displacement? (Assume that upward and the direction of the submarine's horizontal motion are positive.)
A 3.00 x 102-kg piano is being lifted at a steady speed from ground level straight up to an apartment 10.00 m above the ground. The crane that is doing the lifting produces a steady power of 4.00 x 102 W. How much time does it take to lift the piano?
write an acrostic poem about friction
how large a resultant force applied to a 55g object will give it an acceleration of 25 cm/s2?
A bola consists of three massive, identical spheres connected to a common point by identical lengths of sturdy string. To launch this native South American weapon, you hold one of the spheres overhead and then rotate that hand about its wrist so as to rotate the other two spheres in a horizontal...
A rifle fires a 1.37 x 10-2-kg pellet straight upward, because the pellet rests on a compressed spring that is released when the trigger is pulled. The spring has a negligible mass and is compressed by 8.83 x 10-2 m from its unstrained length. The pellet rises to a maximum height of 7.35 m above...
You're carrying a 3.0-m-long, 24 pole to a construction site when you decide to stop for a rest. You place one end of the pole on a fence post and hold the other end of the pole 35 from its tip. How much force must you exert to keep the pole motionless in a horizontal position?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas