In a diesel engine, the piston compresses air at 306 K to a volume that is 0.0622 of the original volume and a pressure that is 48.2 times the original pressure. What is the temperature of the air after the compression? K
A golf ball is struck with a five iron on level ground. It lands 92.2 away 4.30 later. What was (a) the direction and (b) the magnitude of the initial velocity?
A stone is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 10 m/s from the edge of a cliff 65 m high
A place kicker must kick a football from a point 32.0 m (about 35 yd) from the goal. As a result of the kick, the ball must clear the crossbar, which is 3.05 m high. when kicked, the ball leaves the ground with a speed of 21.0 m/s at an angle of 59 degrees to the horizontal. the acceleration of...
Determine the moment of inertia of a 25kg door that is 2.5 m high and 1 m wide.
A race car has a mass of 706 kg. It starts from rest and travels 38.0 m in 3.0 s. The car is uniformly accelerated during the entire time. What net force is exerted on it?
construct a cylindrical capacitor of 1F capacitance if the region between the plates is filled with vacuum or hydrocloric acid
An object has a kinetic energy of 268 J and a momentum of magnitude 27.5 kg m/s. Find the speed and the mass of the object.
The pulley system shown in the figure is used to lift a 52-kg crate. Note that one chain connects the upper pulley to the ceiling and a second chain connects the lower pulley to the crate. Assume the masses of the chains, pulleys, and ropes are negligible. Determine the force F required to...
Sam, whose mass is 79.0 , takes off down a 52.0 high, 8.00 slope on his jet-powered skis. The skis have a thrust of 220 . Sam's speed at the bottom is 45.0 . What is the coefficient of kinetic friction of his skis on snow?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas