calculater how much heat is requried to bring 415g of water from a temperature of 27.5 celsius to a temperature of 100 celius. the specific heat of water is 4186J/kg.c how do i solve it
What is the acceleration of two falling sky divers (mass 104.0 kg including parachute) when the upward force of air resistance is equal to one-fourth of their weight?
A rocket is launched at an angle of 50.0 above the horizontal with an initial speed of 105 m/s. The rocket moves for 3.00 s along its initial line of motion with an acceleration of 31.0 m/s2. At this time, its engines fail and the rocket proceeds to move as a projectile. Find the maximum...
IP An 85-kg lumberjack stands at one end of a 380-kg floating log. Both the log and the lumberjack are at rest initially. (a) If the lumberjack now trots toward the other end of the log with a speed of 2.7 m/s relative to the log, what is the lumberjack s speed relative to the shore?...
A novice skier, starting from rest, slides down a frictionless 35 incline whose vertical height is 118 m. How fast is she going when she reaches the bottom? Give your answers in km/h.
All of the following are factors affecting mass wasting except for
A man pulls a crate of mass 71.0 kg across a level floor. He pulls with a force of 178.0 N at an angle of 27.0 above the horizontal. When the crate is moving, the frictional force between the floor and the crate has a magnitude of 122.0 N. If the crate starts from rest, how fast will it be...
A person who weighs 765 N steps onto a spring scale in the bathroom, and the spring compresses by 0.83 cm
a car is observed to travel 133 m in 4.5 seconds. what is its speed in m/s?
A 1.80 kg box rests on a plank that is inclined at an angle of 23 above the horizontal. The upper end of the box is attached to a spring with a force constant of 23 N/m, as shown in the figure. If the coefficient of static friction between the box and the plank is 0.77, what is the maximum...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas