The air inside a hot-air balloon has an average temperature of
A rectangular loop is located in a uniform magnetic field of magnitude 0.34 T directed perpendicular to the plane of the coil. If the area of the coil increases at the rate of 5.1 10-3 m2/s, what is the magnitude of the emf induced
When a massive star dies, gravity causes its radius to contract quickly from the size of a giant star (R_i= 8.0x10^8m) to roughly the size of Oahu (R_f= 4.0x10^4m), creating a very dense object known as a "neutron star." The initial giant star rotated with a period of 30 days,...
how does kinetic energy help us to explain braking distances
The current through a 50- resistor is I = 0.80 sin (240 t). What is the rms current?
A block is given an initial velocity of 7.00 m/s up a frictionless 17.0 incline. How far up the incline does the block slide before coming (momentarily) to rest?
The vertical axis is marked in increments of
How far from a 50.0 mm focal-length lens must an object be placed if its image is to be magnified 2.12 and be real?
A copper wire or length 2.0M, with cross-sectional area 7.1x10^-6 m^2 and youngs modulus of 11x10^10 N/m^2 has a 200 kg load hung on it. what is its increase in length? F/A=Y* change in L/Length = (200*9.8)/7.1x10^-6=11x10^10* delta L/2m? am i even setting this equation up right?
A uniform, upward-directed electric field E of magnitude 2.00 x10^3 N/C has been set up between two horizontal plates by charging the lower plate positively and the upper plate negatively. The plates have length L=0.1m and separation d=0.02m. An electron is then shot between the plates from the...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas