A skier is accelerating down a 30.0 hill at a = 2.50 m/s2 (Fig. 3-48).What is the vertical component of her acceleration? in m/s2 (downward) (b) How long will it take her to reach the bottom of the hill, assuming she starts from rest and accelerates uniformly, if the elevation change is...
An 800 N gorilla swings from vine to vine. As the gorilla grabs a new vine, both vines form an angle of 30o with the vertical. What is the net force on each vine?
an airliner is a point A and is trying to fly to point B, which is 1000km due north of point A. The pilot wishes to reach point B in 2.5 hrs
When you pull horizontally on a crate with a force of 330 N, it slides across the floor in dynamic equilibrium. How much friction acts on the crate?
The drawing shows a skateboarder moving at 6.25 m/s along a horizontal section of a track that is slanted upward by 47.0 above the horizontal at its end, which is 0.761 m above the ground. When she leaves the track, she follows the characteristic path of projectile motion. Ignoring friction...
a 0.1T uniform magnetic field is horizontal and parallel to the floor with the direction facing you. a straight segment of 1.00mm- diameter wire (copper) is parallel to the floor but perpendicular to the magnetic field(left right).what current through the wire, and in which direction(LtoR OR R to...
how does a magnitude of the electrical force between a pair of charged particles change when they are brought to half their original distance of seperation?
A 51.0 skateboarder wants to just make it to the upper edge of a "quarter pipe," a track that is one-quarter of a circle with a radius of 2.50 .
If the left scale reads 292 N, and the right scale reads 134 N, find the student's mass
A 13 loudspeaker is suspended 3.0 below the ceiling by two cables that are each 40 from vertical. What is the tension in the cables?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas