A 278-kg log is pulled up a ramp by means of a rope that is parallel to the surface of the ramp. The ramp is inclined at 30.0 with respect to the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the log and the ramp is 0.870, and the log has an acceleration of 0.800 m/s2. Find the...
Q1.In the given figure, the cube is 40.0 cm on each edge. Four straight segments of wire-ab, bc, cd, and da form a closed loop that carries a current I =5.00 A, in the direction shown. A uniform magnetic field of magnitude B = 0.020 0 T is in the positive y direction. Determine the magnitude...
A baseball is thrown at an angle of 25 relative to the ground at a speed of 28 m/s. The ball is caught 61.2211 m from the thrower. The acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s2 . How long is it in the air? Answer in units of s.
A 3.0 m long rigid beam with a mass of 125 kg is supported at each end. An 65 kg student stands 2.0 m from support 1. How much upward force does each support exert on the beam?
suppose an object is set slidind with a speed less than escape velocity on an infinite frictionless plane in contact to the surface of the Earth. Describe its motion
A vehicle has a mass of 1990 kg. It is travelling at a speed of 28.0 m/s. Determine the kinetic energy of the vehicle.
Four particles, one at each of the four corners of a square with 4.5-m-long edges, are connected by massless rods. The masses of the particles are m1 = m3 = 5.0 kg and m2 = m4 = 8.0 kg. Find the moment of inertia of the system about the z axis.
The arm in the figure below weighs 36.0 N. The force of gravity acting on the arm acts through point A. Determine the magnitudes of the tension force t in the deltoid muscle and the force s of the shoulder on the humerus (upper-arm bone) to hold the arm in the position shown.
A 58kg woman stands on a very light, rigid board that rests on a bathroom scale at each end, as shown in figure. What is the reading on each of the scales?
A bullet is fired horizontally with an initial velocity of 900 m/s at a target located 150 m from the rifle. a. How much time is required for the bullet to reach the target? b. Using the approximate value of g = 10 m/s2, how far does the bullet fall in this time?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas