An 8.4 g bullet leaves the muzzle of a rifle with a speed of 621.5 m/s2. what constant force is exerted on the bullet while it is traveling down the .6 meter length of the barrel of the rifle?
A satellite orbits at an average altitude of h = 360 km. What is its orbital speed? Use R Earth = 6370 km and m Earth = 5.98 x 10 24 kg.
How fast (in ) must a centrifuge rotate if a particle 6.0 from the axis of rotation is to experience an acceleration of 300000 's?
A package of mass m is released from rest at a warehouse loadingdock and slides down a h = 2.8 mhigh frictionless chute to a waiting truck. Unfortunately, thetruck driver went on a break without having removed the previouspackage, of mass 2m, from the bottom of the chute.
a ball with a radius of 6cm and a mass of 1850 g is thrown into a lake.
In the figure below, a slide loving pig slides down a certain 40 slide in twice the time it would take to slide down a frictionless 40 slide. What is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the pig and the slide?
When you lift an object by moving only your forearm, the main lifting muscle in your arm is the biceps. Suppose the mass of a forearm is 1.20 . If the biceps is connected to the forearm a distance = 3.00 from the elbow, how much force must the biceps exert to hold a 1000 ball at the end of...
The coefficient of kinetic friction between a refrigerator (mass 91 kg) and the floor is 0.12, and the coefficient of static friction is 0.26. If you apply the minimum force needed to get the refrigerator to move, what will the acceleration then be?
A 24.0 loudspeaker is suspended 1.80 below the ceiling by two 4.00 long cables that angle outward at equal angles. What is the tension on each of the cables?
A baseball is thrown at an angle of 26 relative to the ground at a speed of 25 m/s. The ball is caught 50.2046 m from the thrower. The acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s2 . How long is it in the air? Answer in units of s
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas