Compute the wavelength in air of ultrasound with a frequency of 37 kHz if the speed of sound is 344 m/s.
A 3.0 m long rigid beam with a mass of 105 kg is supported at each end. An 70 kg student stands 2.0 m from support 1. How much upward force does each support exert on the beam?
A 34.0-kg shell is fired from a gun with a muzzle velocity 100.0 m/s at 56.0o above the horizontal. At the top of the trajectory, the shell explodes into two fragments of equal mass. One fragment, whose speed immediately after the explosion is zero, falls vertically. What is the horizontal speed...
What will be the equilibrium temperature when a 223 block of copper at 290 is placed in a 140 aluminum calorimeter cup containing 824 of water at 15.1?
When light travels across a given region, what is it that oscilated? what is it that is transported
When a 199 N bag of nails hangs motionless from a single strand of rope, how much tension is exerted in the strand?
two soccer players start from rest, 48 meters apart. They run directly towards each other and both players are accelerating. The first player has an acceleration whose magnitude is 0.5 m/s^2 and the second player's has an acceleration of 0.3 m/s^2. How much time passes before hey collide?
You tie a string to a rock and twirl it at a constant speed in a horizontal circle with a radius of 1.30 m, 2.10 m above the ground. The rock comes loose and travels as a projectile a horizontal distance of 9.40 m before striking the ground. (a) What was the magnitude of the centripetal...
. A beam of electrons is incident on a slit of variable width. If it is possible to resolve a 1% difference in mo- mentum, what slit width would be necessary to resolve the interference pattern of the electrons if their kinetic energy is (a) 0.010 MeV, (b) 1.0 MeV, and (c) 100 MeV?
A 9900 kg boxcar traveling at 14 m/s strikes a second boxcar at rest. The two stick together and move off with a speed of 4.0 m/s. What is the mass of the second car?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas