what is the tension on the cable slanted at an angle of 36
A uniform 165-N bar is supported horizontally by two identical wires A and B (the figure ). A small 185-N cube of lead is placed 3/4 of the way from A to B. The wires are each 75.0cm long and have a mass of 5.50 g.
You tie a string to a rock and twirl it at a constant speed in a horizontal circle with a radius of 1.30 m, 2.10 m above the ground. The rock comes loose and travels as a projectile a horizontal distance of 9.40 m before striking the ground. (a) What was the magnitude of the centripetal...
A 2.0 kg block is attached to a string that is wrapped around a 4.0 kg, 4.0-cm-diameter hollow cylinder that is free to rotate. (Use the figure below, but treat the cylinder as hollow.) The block is released 3.0 m above the ground. What is the speed of the block as it hits the ground?
A hiker's trip consists of three segments. Path A is 8.0km long heading 60 degrees north of east. Path B is 7.0km long in a direction due east. Path C is 4.0km long heading 315 degrees counterclockwise from east. a) graphically add the hiker's displacement in the A, B, C b)...
A rocket moves upward, starting from rest with an acceleration of 29.9 m/s2 for 3.31 s. It runs out of fuel at the end of the 3.31 s but does not stop. How high does it rise above the ground?
Block A in the figure weighs 58.0 N. The coefficient of static friction between the block and the surface on which it rests is 0.350. The weight w is 11.1 N and the system remains at rest.
How fast (in rpm) must a centrifuge rotate if a particle 7.9 cm from the axis of rotation is to experience an acceleration of 400000 g 's?
A loudspeaker of mass 18.0 is suspended a distance of = 2.40 below the ceiling by two cables that make equal angles with the ceiling. Each cable has a length of = 2.70
a24.0Kg box slidesdown an incline& tilted with an angle of 35.0relative to horizontal. How long does it take for the box to slide through the incline?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas