How much force must you exert to keep the pole motionless in a horizontal position?
A man is doing push-ups (the figure below ). He has a mass of 68 kg and his center of gravity is located at a horizontal distance of 0.70 m from his palms and 1.00 m from his feet. Find the forces exerted by the floor on his palms and feet.
If a man lifts a 29.0 kg bucket from a well and does 7.00 kJ of work, how deep is the well? Assume that the speed of the bucket remains constant as it is lifted.
A cannonball is fired horizontally from the top of a cliff. The cannon is at height h = 50.0 m above ground level, and the ball is fired with initial horizontal speed v(initial). Assume acceleration due to gravity to be g = 9.80 . Given that the projectile lands at a distance = 130 from...
Block 1, of mass = 9.90 kg, moves along a frictionless air track with speed = 13.0 m/s. It collides with block 2, of mass = 27.0 kg, which was initially at rest. The blocks stick together after the collision. Find the magnitude of the total initial momentum of the two-block system....
Block A in the figure weighs 1.10 N and block B weighs 3.00 N. The coefficient of kinetic friction between all surfaces is 0.500. Find the magnitude of the horizontal force \vec F_a necessary to drag block B to the left at a constant speed of 4.50 cm/s if A rests on B and moves with it (figure...
The acceleration of gravity is 10 m/s2 What is the acceleration of a 56 kg pail of cement that is pulled upward (not sideways) with a force of 272 N?
A ball on a porch rolls 60 cm to the porch's edge, drops 40 cm}, continues rolling on the grass, and eventually stops 80 cm from the porch's edge
A 62-kg diver jumps off a 10.2-m tower. (a) Find the diver's velocity when he hits the water. m/s (b) The diver comes to a stop 2.0 m below the surface. Find the net force exerted by the water. N
What are the tones emitted by a foghorn?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas