A speedboat starts from rest and accelerates at +2.01 m/s2 for 7.40 s. At the end of this time, the boat continues for an additional 5.90 s with an acceleration of +0.518 m/s2. Following this, the boat accelerates at -1.49 m/s2 for 8.05 s. (a) What is the velocity of the boat at t = 21.35 s?...
The Friction Layer, which is the layer in which the force due to friction must be considered, averages approximately ________ meters deep.
Two disks A and B of mass ma = 1 kg and mb = 4 kg are connected by a belt. If a couple M is applied to disk A and assuming no slipping, the angular acceleration are related by
A car with bad shock absorbers bounces up and down with a period of 0.736 s after hitting a bump. The car has a mass of 1340 kg and is supported by four springs of equal force constant k. Determine a value for k. Answer in units of N/m.
A 112-turn coil has a radius of 3.96 cm and a resistance of 27.3 W. The coil is in a uniform magnetic field that is perpendicular to the plane of the coil. What rate of change of the magnetic field strength will induce a current of 4.98 A in the coil?
A 60 kg person escapes from a burning building by jumping from a window 20 m above a catching net. Assuming that air resistance exerts a 95 N force on the person during the fall, determine the person's velocity just before hitting the net.
Two plane mirrors are facing each other. They are parallel, 1 cm apart, and 19 cm in length, as the drawing indicates. A laser beam is directed at the top mirror from the left edge of the bottom mirror. What is the smallest angle of incidence with respect to the top mirror, such that the laser...
An airtight box has a removable lid of area 1.00 10-2 m2 and negligible weight. The box is taken up a mountain where the air pressure outside the box is 8.00 104 Pa. The inside of the box is completely evacuated. What is the magnitude of the force required to pull the lid off the box?
A steel band exerts a horizontal force of 87.0 N on a tooth at point B. What is the torque on the root of the tooth about point A?
A 52 kg pole vaulter running at 14 m/s vaults over the bar. Her speed when she is above the bar is 1.3 m/s. Neglect air resistance, as well as any energy absorbed by the pole, and determine her altitude as she crosses the bar.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas