A plane cruising at 258 m/s accelerates at 21 m/s2 for 4.7 s. What is its final velocity? Answer in units of m/s.
How far can the center of the box be from the end of the table before the board begins to tilt?
A thin 3.00 box rests on a 6.00 board that hangs over the end of a table, as shown in the figure. How far can the center of the box be from the end of the table before the board begins to tilt?
Ball A has a mass of 1.1 kg and moves with an initial speed of 12.5 m/s. It collides with stationary balls B and C, whose centers are on a line perpendicular to the initial velocity of ball A and that are initially in contact with one-another. Balls B and C are identical and have a mass of 0.5...
A 280 block on a 56 -long string swings in a circle on a horizontal, frictionless table at 95 . what is the speed of the block?
What is the magnitude of the apparent weight of a 80 kg astronaut 5200 km from the center of the Earth's Moon in a space vehicle moving at constant velocity?
a 1200 kg car is rolling on a horizontal surface with a speed of 40 km/he when it strikes a spring-loaded guard rail. neglecting any losses due to friction, find the maximum distance the spring is compressed. assume the spring constant is 10^6 n/m.
A solid uniform disk of radius 0.250 m and mass 55.0 kg rolls down a ramp of length 4.50 m that makes an angle of 15 degrees with the horizontal. The disk starts from rest from the top of the ramp. Find a) the speed of the disk's center of mass when it reaches the bottom of the ramp and b)...
After a 0.300-kg rubber ball is dropped from a height of 1.75 m, it bounces of a concrete floor and rebounds to a height of 1.50 m. Determine the magnitude and direction of the impulse delivered
A 600 ball swings in a vertical circle at the end of a 1.2-m-long string. When the ball is at the bottom of the circle, the tension in the string is 19 .
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas