An organ pipe that is open at both ends is 3.8 long. What is its fundamental frequency?
A 25.0mH inductor, with internal resistance of 25.0 is connected to a 110-Vrms source. If the average power dissipated in the circuit is 50.0 . What is the frequency?
How many 400 Calorie donuts can she eat a day to supply that energy?
(a) A dentist uses a small mirror of radius 40 mm to locate a cavity in a patient's tooth. If the mirror is concave and is held 19 mm from the tooth, what is the magnification of the image? (b) A production line inspector wants a mirror that produces an upright image with magnification of...
An AC generator with an output rms voltage of 42 V at a frequency of 60 Hz is connected across a 9 F capacitor. Find the following. (a) capacitive reactance (b) rms current A (c) maximum current in the circuit 3 A (d) When does the capacitor have its maximum charge? 4 1/3 cycle...
How much current is flowing in a wire 4.10 m long if the maximum force on it is 1.200 N when placed in a uniform 0.0710 T field?
At time t = 0 , the pebble is at the top of the tire, as shown. (Intro 1 figure)
A collapsible plastic bag (Fig. P9.19) contains a glucose solution. If the average gauge pressure in the vein is 1.34 104 Pa, what must be the minimum height h of the bag in order to infuse glucose into the vein? Assume that the specific gravity of the solution is 1.05.
The drawing shows two long, straight wires that are suspended from a ceiling. The mass per unit length of each wire is 0.050 kg/m. Each of the four strings suspending the wires has a length of 1.2 m. When the wires carry identical currents in opposite directions, the angle between the strings...
calculate the difference in work function for these two surfaces
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas