At what angular speed does the bar/clay system rotate about its center of mass after the impact?
what is the longest wavelength light capable ionizing a hydrogen atom in the groundstate
001 (part 1 of 2) 10.0 points A golf ball is released from rest from the top of a very tall building. Choose a coordinate system whose origin is at the starting point of the ball, and whose y axis points vertically upward. Neglecting air resistance, calculate the ve- locity of the ball...
What is the tension in the string if A 220 g block on a 60 cm-long string swings in a circle on a horizontal, frictionless table at 70 rpm
When a 10-kg block is simultaneously pulled westward with 25 N and eastward with 15 N, it undergoes an acceleration of
In an RLC series circuit the capacitive reactance is 24 \Omega. If the AC frequency doubles, what will be the resulting capacitive reactance?
Two rectangular optically flat plates (n = 1.52) are in contact along one end and are separated along the other end by a 1.90 m thick spacer (Fig. 24.22). The top plate is illuminated by monochromatic light of wavelength 544.1 nm. Calculate the number of dark parallel bands crossing the top...
A 2.54 kg particle moving along the x-axis experiences the force shown, where Fmax=6.85 N, Fmin=-6.85 N, d1=1.27 m, d2=2.54 m, d3=3.81 m, and d4=5.08 m. At x=0.00 m the particle's velocity is 3.93 m/s. What is its velocity at x=2.54 m?
Two window washers, Bob and Joe, are on a 3.00 m long, 295 N scaffold supported by two cables attached to its ends. Bob weighs 900 N and stands 1.00 m from the left end, as shown in the figure below. Two meters from the left end is the 500 N washing equipment. Joe is 0.500 m from the right end...
A novice skier, starting from rest, slides down a frictionless 29.0 incline whose vertical height is 145 .
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas