Sam is trying to move a dresser of mass and dimensions of length and height by pushing it with a horizontal force applied at a height above the floor. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the dresser and the floor is and is the magnitude of the acceleration due to gravity. The ground...
A 7.0 kg blowing bowl moves at 2.50 m/s. How fast must a2.00 g Ping - Pong ball move so that the two balls have the same kinetic energy?
1. The braking force on a 15,680N car is 6.4 *102N. The car initially is moving at 20m/s. The car finally stops. (a) [2 points] What is the car s mass? (b) [2 points] What is its initial momentum? (c) [3 points] What is the change in the car s momentum? (d) [3 points] How long does the...
An immersion heater used to boil water for a single cup of tea plugs into a 120V outlet and is rated at 300W. What is the resistance of the heater? Suppose your super0sive, super-insulated tea mug contains 400g of water at a temp of 18 degrees Celsius. How long will this heater take to bring...
The basal metabolic rate is the rate at which energy is produced in the body when a person is at rest. A 73kg person of height 1.83m would have a body surface area of approximately 2.00m^2 . Part 1. What is the net amount of heat this person could radiate per second into a room at 18.0 degrees...
Equation to solve Mastering Physics Ch 16.22. a 0.10 mol of argon gas is admitted to an evacuated50cm container @ 20C.Then undergoes isobaric heating to a temp 300C. What is the final volmue of gas?
In TV picture, faint, slightly offset ghost images are formed when the signal from the transmitter travels to the receiver both directly and indirectly after reflection from a building or some other large metallic mass. In a 25 inch set, the ghost is about 1 cm to the right of the principal...
Ideally, when a thermometer is used to measure the temperature of an object, the temperature of the object itself should not change. However, if a significant amount of heat flows from the object to the thermometer, the temperature will change. A thermometer has a mass of 26.8 g, a specific heat...
1) At a distance rl from point charge the magnitude of the electric field created by charge is 248 N/C. After a distnace r2 from the charge, the field has a magnitude of 132 N/C. Find ration r2/r1 2)What is the electric field strength at a point in space where a proton (m=1.67x10^-27)...
Could an elephant have the same momentum as a golf ball?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas