What is the acceleration of a 1.00 gram drop of blood in the fingertips at the bottom of the swing?
An 82.0 kg-diver stands at the edge of a light 5.00-m diving board
if the earth shrank in size, with all other factors remaining the same, how would the escape velocity from its surface change?
Three polarizing filters are stacked, with the polarizing axis of the second and third filters at angles of 19.0^\circ and 68.2^\circ, respectively, to that of the first. If unpolarized light is incident on the stack, the light has an intensity of 78.5 W/cm^2 after it passes through the stack.
Six pendulums of various masses m are released from various heights h above a tabletop, as shown in the figures below. All the pendulums have the same length and are mounted such that at the vertical position their lowest points are the height of the tabletop and just do not strike the tabletop...
A 921 kg drag race car accelerates from rest the right with a velocity of 12 m/s.
Kate, a bungee jumper, wants to jump off the edge of a bridge that spans a river below. Kate has a mass , and the surface of the bridge is a height above the water. The bungee cord, which has length when unstretched, will first straighten and then stretch as Kate falls. Assume the following:...
160 kW (1.6 multiplied by 105 W) of power is delivered to the other side of a city by a pair of power lines between which the voltage is 12000 V.
A 0.50 kg ball that is tied to the end of a 1.3 m light cord is revolved in a horizontal plane with the cord making a 30 angle, with the vertical. If the cord can withstand a maximum tension of 9.5 N, what is the highest speed at which the ball can move?
190 students in a lecture hall can scream at 117 dB. Thus, we should expect that: A. an average student can do 0.62 dB by him or herself. B.380 average students can do 127 dB. C.380 average students can do 234 dB. D.95 average students can do 107 dB. E.19 average students can do 107...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas