A highway curve of radius 600 m is designed for traffic moving at a speed of 79.0 km/hr What is the correct banking angle of the road?
A 747 jetliner lands and begins to slow to a stop as it moves along the runway. If its mass is 3.60 105 kg, its speed is 26.8 m/s, and the net braking force is 4.30x10^5N, what is its speed 7.43 s later?
When we eventually establish lunar colonies, people living there will need to have their blood pressure taken. Assume that we continue to express the systemic blood pressure as we now do on earth (see previous problem) and that the density of blood does not change. Suppose also that normal blood...
A 60 kg sprinter, starting from rest, runs 55 m in 7.6 s at constant acceleration. What is the sprinter's average power output during the first 2.5 of his run? Express your answer using two significant figures. = Part C What is the sprinter's average power output during the final...
A 13 g bullet traveling 224 m/s penetrates a 2 kg block of wood and emerges going 166 m/s. If the blosk is stationary on a frictionless surface when hit, how fast does it move after the bullet emerges?
A compound microscope has an objective lens of focal length 9.90 mm with an eyepiece of focal length 15.2 mm, and it produces its final image at infinity. The object to be viewed is placed 2.00 mm beyond the focal point of the objective lens.What is the overall magnification of this microscope?
If a woman lifts a 22.0 kg bucket from a well and does 5.00 kJ of work, how deep is the well? Assume that the speed of the bucket remains constant as it is lifted.
A 2000 kg car is slowed down uniformly from 17.0 m/s to 5.00 m/s in 5.00 s. (a) What average total force acted on the car during that time? N (b) How far did the car travel during that time? m
At time t=0 a grinding wheel has an angular velocity of 26.0 rad/s. It has a constant angular acceleration of 29.0 rad/s^2 until a circuit breaker trips at time t = 2.50 s. From then on, the wheel turns through an angle of 440 rad as it coasts to a stop at constant angular deceleration. Through...
A block of mass 1.00 \rm kg sits on an inclined plane as shown. (Intro 1 figure) A force of magnitude 70.0 \rm N is pulling the block up the incline at constant speed. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the plane and the block is 0.500. The inclined plane makes an angle 30.0 degrees...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas