A 48 kg woman stands on a very light, rigid board that rests on a bathroom scale at each end, as shown in figure.
20.9a: Assuming that the wire has a resistance of 2.9ohm , over what period of time did the flux increase?
A 3.0 \rm kg block is attached to a string that is wrapped around a 2.0 \rm kg, 4.0-\rm cm-diameter hollow cylinder that is free to rotate. (Use Figure 12.34 in the textbook but treat the cylinder as hollow.) The block is released 1.0 \rm m above the ground. Use Newton's second law to find...
A 71.9 kg solid cylinder, 2.74 m long and with an end radius of 6.7 cm, stands on one end. How much pressure does it exert? The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . Answer in units of kPa.
A solid sphere rolls without slipping across a horizontal surface with an initial angular speed of 7.50 rad/s. The mass of the sphere is 5.38kg and its radius is 0.455m. The sphere then rolls up an incline. What is the height of the sphere above the horizontal surface when it comes to a stop?
The speed of sound in air at room temperature is 335 m/sWhat is the frequency of a sound wave in air with wavelength 1.9 m? .
A 57-kg skier is going down a slope oriented 36 above the horizontal. The area of each ski in contact with the snow is 0.13 m2. Determine the pressure that each ski exerts on the snow.
Some gliders are launched from the ground by means of a winch, which rapidly reels in a towing cable attached to the glider. What average power must the winch supply in order to accelerate a 184-kg ultralight glider from rest to 26.0 m/s over a horizontal distance of 48.0 m? Assume that...
If someone lowers a book why is the work done by the net force on the book 0? Work done by gravity=+ Work done by hand=- Work done by net force = 0
FUCK you scamming bastards
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas