The 1.8 kg, 20 cm diameter disk in the figure below is spinning at 240 rpm. How much friction force must the brake apply to the rim to bring the disk to a halt in 2.5 s?
A diver 55 deep in 10 fresh water exhales a 0.50 diameter bubble. What is the bubble's diameter just as it reaches the surface of the lake, where the water temperature is 20? Assume that the air bubble is always in thermal equilibrium with the surrounding water.
A wire having a mass per unit lenth of 0.97 g/cm carries a 1 A current horizontal to the surface of the earth. What is the minimum magnetic field needed to lift the wire?
intrinsic link between policy, power, and politics in an organization
Two narrow slits separated by 0.51 mm are illuminated by monochromatic light of wavelength 670 nm. How many bright fringes can be seen on a screen 1.3 cm wide placed 1.1 m in front of the slits?
what are eletric zones?
Two metal spheres, each weighing 24.0 kg are placed 0.0500 m apart. Calculate the magnitude of the gravitational force the two spheres exert on each other.
A 73-kg skier is going down a slope oriented 36 above the horizontal. The area of each ski in contact with the snow is 0.13 m2. Determine the pressure that each ski exerts on the snow.
A diving board length = 5.00 that weighs 250 is supported by two pillars. One pillar is at the left end of the diving board, as shown below; the other is distance = 1.70 away .
A column of water has a diameter of 2 m and a depth of 8 m. How much pressure is at the bottom of the column? The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 N/kg . Answer in units of Pa. What is the weight of this column of water? Answer in units of N. What would be the pressure if the column had a...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas