Children in a tree house lift a small dog in a basket 5.50 m up to their house. If it takes 191 J of work to do this, what is the combined mass of the dog and basket?
A baseball pitcher can throw a ball with a speed of 40. He is in the back of a pickup truck that is driving away from you. He throws the ball in your direction, and it floats toward you at a lazy 30. What is the speed of the truck?
A screen is placed 50.0 cm from a single slit that is illuminated with light of wavelength 676 nm. If the distance between the first and third minima in the diffraction pattern is 3.00 mm, what is the width of the slit?
calculate the price per kwh for a 12-volt automobile battery with a 50 amp-hourcapacity that sells for $40. If its weight is 45 lb, what is the energy density in watt-hours per lb?
A person exerts a horizontal force of F = 174 N in the test apparatus shown in the drawing. (h = 0.32 m.) Find the horizontal force M that his flexor muscle exerts on his forearm.
Find the net torque on the wheel in Figure P10.33 about the axle through O, taking a = 10.0 cm and b = 25.0 cm.
A 0.105-kg hockey puck moving at 26 m/s is caught and held by a 61-kg goalie at rest. With what speed does the goalie slide on the ice?
Sally applies a horizontal force of 518 N with a rope to drag a wooden crate across a floor with a constant speed. The rope tied to the crate is pulled at an angle of 54 relative to the floor.
A car drives straight off the edge of a cliff that is 47 m high. The police at the scene of the accident observed that the point of impact is 122 m from the base of the cliff. How fast was the car traveling when it went over the cliff?
A tank having a volume of 0.100 m3 contains helium gas at 130 atm. How many balloons can the tank blow up if each filled balloon is a sphere 0.300 m in diameter at an absolute pressure of 1.45 atm?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas