A quarterback throws a football toward a re- ceiver with an initial speed of 26 m/s, at an angle of 31 above the horizontal. At that instant, the receiver is 22 m from the quarter- back. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . With what constant speed should the re- ceiver run in...
a ball of mass 8 kg is suspended by two wires from a horizontal arm, which is attached to a vertical shaft. the shaft is in uniform rotaion about its axis such that the linear speed of the ball equals 2.3. the tension in wire 1 is closest to
A certain string just breaks when it is under 1000 N of tension. A boy uses this string to whirl a 20 kg stone in a horizontal circle of radius 5.0 m. The boy continuously increases the speed of the stone. At approximately what speed will the string break?
A butterfly at eye level is 22 cm in front of an plane mirror. You are behind the butterfly, 48 cm from the mirror. What is the distance between your eye and the image of the butterfly in the mirror?
you jump out of one story window that is 4.7 hight A . how long will it take you to reach the ground? b.How fast will you be going when you reach the ground.
A 3.50 kg counterweight is attached to a light cord, which is wound around a spool . The spool is a uniform solid cylinder of radius 8.00 cm and mass 1.40 kg. (a) What is the net torque on the system about the point O? (b) When the counterweight has a speed v, the pulley has an angular speed...
A 90.0 N grocery cart is pushed 11.0 m by a shopper who exerts a constant horizontal force of 40.0 N. If all frictional forces are neglected and the cart starts from rest, what is its final speed?
a 24 g bullet traveling 290 m/s buries itself in a 3.8 kg pendulum hanging on a 2.7 m long string, which makes the pendulum swing upward in an arc. determine the vertical and horizontal components.
A dog pulls on a pillow with a force of 5.5 N at an angle of 27 above the horizontal. Find the x and y components of the force.
A dog pulls on a pillow with a force of 5.5 N at an angle of 27.5 above the horizontal a) What is the x component of this force
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas